Hostafrancs Medical Center has a Gynecology and Obstetrics Services for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of any pathology that affects the female reproductive system. We also do gynecological check-ups, pregnancy monitoring, family planning counseling, deal with fertility problems and the arrival of the climacteric or menopause, among others. The Gynecology and Obstetrics Service at Hostafrancs Medical Center offers a totally personalized gynecological care. We offer gentle and comprehensive care in a relaxing, compassionate, female-friendly environment.
Obstetric Services: What We Offer
From conception to delivery, you’ll have the best doctors by your side. If you suffer from a medical condition, are having twins or triplets, or are considered a high-risk pregnancy, we offer the services you need, including:
- Emotional support
Our gynecology service includes:
- Annual Exams
- Abnormal Bleeding
- Basic Infertility Work-up
- Contraception Options
- Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Hormone Therapy
- HPV Vaccinations
- Menopausal Care
- Menstrual Problems
- PAP Smears
- Pelvic Pain
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Vaginal Discharge
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (screening, education and prevention)
Read about women’s common gynecologic problems and procedures
- Bartolinitis: is an inflammation of the glands of Bartolino or its ducts, which may be caused by various bacteria.
- Cervical cancer: it is a malignant alteration of the tissue of the neck area of the uterus (cervix).
- Cystitis: Cystitis or infection of urine is an infection of the lower urinary tract or bladder.
- Endometrial cancer: is a type of uterine cancer that originates in the cells of the mucosa that lines the endometrium (inside the uterus).
- Breast cancer: is a malignant tumor of the mammary gland. In some very rare cases men can also develop breast cancer.
- Ovarian cancer: is a malignant tumor of the female sex glands (the ovaries). It appears mostly in older women and often its symptoms do not usually manifest until it is at an advanced stage.
- Polycystic ovaries: Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal condition. In women who have it, it can affect your ability to have a child (fertility). Many women who have PCOS don’t have cysts on their ovaries, so “polycystic” can be misleading. You might have cysts, and you might not.
- Uterine myoma: is a benign tumor that develops in the muscle cells of the uterus. They usually occur during the period of sexual maturity because estrogen regulates the growth of uterine fibroids.
- Uterus retroversion: is when the uterus (womb) is tilted back instead of forward.
- Vaginal infection: these infections are caused by fungi and usually appear several times a year in women due to various causes such as stress, infection by an STD, etc. It is the most common gynecological disease.